Sippican Tennis Club
Founded in 1908, Sippican is a family club that fosters a lifelong love of tennis, fitness, friendly competition, and sportsmanship.
The Sippican Tennis Club was established in 1908 for the purpose of athletic exercise and a place for social gatherings in Marion, a charming village on the south coast of Massachusetts near Buzzards Bay. Sippican has a large number of members whose families have been members for generations.
Today, the membership is a mix of year-round residents as well as summer residents who return to enjoy an active schedule of play from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The annual Sippican calendar is filled with family round robin tournaments, friendly inter-club tournaments, social drop-ins and clinics as well as adult and junior competition. The clubhouse is host to the weekly Sanctioned Bridge with Social members, as well as parties and member-hosted events in the historic clubhouse.
Sippican is an outdoor summer club for families, all level of play, and it is located in a residential neighborhood in Marion, Massachusetts.
* 8 clay courts
* Large traditional clubhouse with a wrap-around porch and a large room used for Bridge and events.
* Rest rooms and showers.
* Double backboard facility.
* Pro shop.
Opening Day is the second Saturday in June and Closing Day is Labor Day weekend. Courts are open for play in May and until October, weather depending.
There are over 500 active members in the Family, Senior, Junior and Social categories. We welcome about 20 new members annually. Sippican is the largest and most active tennis club in terms of membership, events, and tournaments in the South Coast.
Adult instruction is available from a Head Pro, Assistant Pro and Assistants for private lessons, group clinics, and cardio tennis.
Sippican is renowned for its strength in junior player development with summer programs from age 2 to age 18.
Sippican is a very active club with adult tournaments all summer.
* Opening Day tournament with light breakfast and awards ceremony.
* Closing Day tournament with lunch and awards ceremony.
* 3 Member Guests: Men’s, Mixed, & Ladies events include lunch and prizes.
* Championships: Dyer Cup, Husband-Wife & Parent-Child are annual events.
* Championships: Men’s/Ladies Singles & Doubles run all summer.
* Round Robins: Ladies, Men’s & Mixed are held weekly.
* Intra club events with Casino, Bay Club, Longwood, Duxbury, Nonquit and Wianno.
* Special events/Guest pros.
In the Junior program, Championships are held annually in singles, doubles, and mixed 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18’s. Intra-club events occur weekly. The High School team plays USTA Jr. Team Tennis and has attained Eastern Mass Champion 6 times, New England Champion 3 times, and made USTA Jr. Team Tennis Nationals.
Sippican offers a Body Sculpt class once per week in the summer that takes place inside the clubhouse and on the porch using elastic bands, weight balls, and circuit training.
There is an active group of social members who participate in weekly Bridge. ACBL Sanctioned Bridge game is on Tuesdays at 4:00 pm.